I'd like to be able to...

Export locations as gpx (or kml) with categories

I'd like to have planapple's locations on my mobile. But i'd like to use an OpenStreetMap tool like OsmAnd, because it works much better for me regarding offline navigation and self-defined favorites. So a more general export of all locations as gpx or kml would be really nice (i'd prefer gpx! :) ).

My current workaround is to select "Everything" in planapple, copy the string you provide via "Get directions on Google Maps" and convert it with a python script to gpx, then i can import these as favorites in OsmAnd. Sadly, the categories get lost as they are not in the directions link, which makes this an unsorted mess..

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Björn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sonia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I would love to be able to import my google custom maps into the planner

• AdminPlanapple Support (Developer, Planapple) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the suggestion. Although KML might be a little bit advanced for most of our customers, we'd definitely like to offer some tighter integration with Google Maps.

What would you like to do once you have the places in Google Maps? We might be able to provide a more-direct integration that would avoid having to export and import KML.

For example, a first step in this direction is the "Get directions on Google Maps" link beneath the map in Planapple's notebook and itinerary tabs. It transfers all the places (notebook items) currently showing in the map into Google Maps in their route finder. If you're looking at a particular day in the itinerary, this will give you a route for all the items scheduled on that day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base